I would like to secure a Science Teaching position where I can share my enthusiasm for the subject and the knowledge I have acquired through my lifetime of experience.
Capital Energy Supervisor
▪ January 6, 2014 – Present
Escambia County School District▪ 75 North Pace Boulevard, Pensacola, Florida 32505
The purpose of this position is to plan, supervise, and inspect construction, maintenance and repair work in multiple trade disciplines, e.g., electrical, masonry, plumbing, painting, HVAC systems, carpentry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules, trains, supervises, and evaluates routine construction and complex maintenance and repairs in multiple trade disciplines; directs and evaluates the work of skilled trades assistants.
- Schedules and inspects various skilled and semiskilled complex maintenance and construction projects.
- Ensures the disposal of waste and hazardous materials is in accordance with prescribed safety policies and environmental procedures; oversees cleanliness of maintenance facilities and equipment; ensures all work is performed in compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, designs, and implements all facets of projects with facility planners, contractors, and School District staff and administration; reviews bids and specifications.
- Maintains quotes, invoicing, and approval.
- Instructs and trains personnel and directs the accomplishment of unusual problems and activities.
- Communicates with District staff to respond to safety concerns regarding facility deterioration, project completion, and aesthetic improvements.
- Maintains open communication with employees, management, and project managers for the dissemination of information.
- Operates various automobiles and transport vehicles, e.g., car, utility truck, utility van.
- Completes necessary paperwork and reports as it relates to work projects.
- Performs various administrative duties, e.g., communicates and negotiates claims and repairs with insurance companies; estimates time and materials for repairs.
- Maintains various records and reports, e.g., job records, work orders, scrap/auction list; inventories supply for parts, equipment, machinery, and tools; performs material requests.
- Evaluates employee efforts and effectiveness.
- Reviews and authorizes daily credit card transactions.
- Tracks attendance of subordinates.
- Conforms to safety standards as prescribed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires the ability to display knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Requires the ability to display knowledge of practices, methods, and techniques of general maintenance/construction and/or material and equipment handling.
- Requires the ability to display knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Requires the ability to act as a supervisor.
- Requires the ability to perform general maintenance and construction.
- Requires the ability to use and repair power and hand tools.
- Requires the ability to perform professional-level work dealing with data, people, and technology that relates to administrative, technical, scientific, engineering, accounting, legal, or managerial skills.
- Requires the ability to determine policies and procedures that will ensure the success of our operation.
- Requires the ability to prepare and/or process purchase orders.
- Requires the ability to maintain accountability for inventory/property management.
- Requires the ability to make recommendations that impact the budget and manage the budget within assigned department.
- Requires the ability to establish policies for using, acquiring, and/or maintaining heavy or complex machinery.
- Requires the ability to create plans for and guide implementation of major construction projects and capital improvement plans or programs.
Maintenance Tech III
▪ August 6, 2007 – December 2, 2013
Medical Center Clinic▪ 8333 North Davis Highway, Pensacola, Florida 32514
I was the senior technician and as such, I was responsible for providing a solid example for those employees new to the organization. I also performed a variety of task that included maintaining the heating and cooling systems, performing upgrades to the building automation system, and performing new installations when needed.
▪ 2005 – 2007
Baybreeze Nursing and Retirement Center▪ 3383 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, Florida 32563
I was responsible for maintaining this property for the one-hundred and fifty residents that lived there. My duties included safety checks, rounds with the director of nursing, remodeling of living quarters, and maintaining all building systems.
▪ 1999 – 2005
Weldtek▪ 1008 William Street, Midland, Ontario L4R 5E3
My duties at this organization were very diversified. I performed fabrication of custom car frames, serviced boilers, performed repairs to industrial equipment, and maintained the facilities as well.
Skills and Associations
- EPA Section 608 Certification
- EPA Section 609 Certification
- Active member of the Escambia Amateur Astronomers Association
- Active member of the Northwest Florida Astronomy Association
- Active member of the Northeast Florida Astronomical Society
- Active member of the Atlanta Astronomy Club
- Active member of the Astronomical League
Northwest Florida State College
▪ High School Science Education
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa
- Dean’s List
- President’s List
Doctor Jeffrey Brinker, Medical Center Clinic
Doctor Greg Moore, Medical Center Clinic
Puja Sakhrani P.A., Medical Center Clinic
Jessica Krissel P.A.